Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diggerb2

spring is on the way

diggerb2
19 years ago

More postings from diggerb

I haven't had much of a chance to get to this forum lately.

But my snowdrops that started blooming January 3 2005, are still going stong. Many other bunches have popped up as well. Aboiut 2 weeks ago I came home on a warm (40 degree)

dave to find the first of my crocus in bloom. This past friday (2/25/05) theyt were in bloom again. I have my front yard planted with all sorts of small spring bulbs so its just the start of the season for me. Little happy spots of

lilac over the dull green and brown of the yard.

digger b

Comments (5)

• karen_w
    19 years ago

Yeah, my snowdrops were blooming, too. Now they're covered with snow and there's another 8 inches on the way. Oh, well, whaddaya gonna do? :(

• Kat SE Wisconsin z5
    19 years ago

Nothing has even started coming up by me. I should have have checked it out this weekend before we got more snow. The earliest blooming plant I have is the perennial corydalis. It starts in mid April. The bulbs start shortly afterwards. So I have a ways to wait yet.

Kat

• Nancy in Mich
    19 years ago

Nothing is blooming here, yet. This morning, though, I did hear a few Red Wing Blackbird trills in the swamp next to the parking lot at work. It is officially spring now!

THe buttercups next to the house are up about three inches. Crocus leaves are peeking out.

• Irmgaard
    19 years ago

The driveway to our parking lot at work is about 150 yards long and lined with small trees that have some kind of dried up red berries at this time of year. Last week I was astonished to see robins,,,there must have been at least 200 of them. The snow was a prolly 2 feet deep but they seemed to be doing OK at the berry buffet. Seeing them made me smile most of the morning.

• creativeexile
    19 years ago

My daughter brought me a purple crocus from our yard on Saturday (3/26/05), just after we finished coloring eggs. Now that she's three, she might remember when mom says, "thanks, honey, now, PLEASE don't pick any more flowers!!" :)