Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sboricic

Garden Show

sboricic
16 years ago

I would like to know what the "Canada Blooms" show is like in Toronto. Last year I went to the "Home & Garden Show" but there wasn't a lot of gardening ideas there to look at. The 1 in Peterborough I found had a lot more for a smaller city, and cost less.

Please pass on your information if you have been to a past Canada Blooms show and thoughts.

Thanks, Stephen, Ontario

Comments (3)

• dmcevenue
    16 years ago

Hi Stephen,

I haven't been to the one in Peterborough but have heard good things about it. As for Canada Blooms, it depends what you're looking for really.

The pros of Canada Blooms are a) that wonderful earthy, flowery smell of spring as you enter the show
    b)the beautiful display gardens with masses of spring bulbs, flowering shrubs and trees
    c) the marketplace where you can buy all sorts of "stuff" for your garden

But for me, the show has always been kind of disappointing. I'm not into garden design per se. My real love is plants and I'm especially interested in rare and unusual plants. The show does claim to have all the new and exciting plants for the year, but they're all readily available at the garden centres and I'm looking for the hard to get varieties.

Generally, I guess if you're interested in garden design Canada Blooms is great. Otherwise it's kind of ho hum...in my humble opinion..

Debs

• sboricic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debs,

You're right. I went to it yesterday. Lots of spring flowers that you smell but no too many vendors. I was hoping to find seeds that aren't available in stores yet. I believe the show in Peterborough has more of a selection and more vendors. I'll go to it when it's on since I only live 15 minutes south of it. Plus admission is a lot less.
    A lady was doing a survey about Canada Blooms 30 minutes after we arrived there. She asked if there is anything they could change about Canada Blooms. I told her the name, Canada Blooms. I didn't know about the show until a lady was speaking to her husband in Canadian Tire and mentioned it. So I asked her about it to get more info.

• laine2
    16 years ago

Hi I live close to Peterborough also and I think the
    Evinrude center show is excellent can't wait for April.