Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

I want to get going so bad!!!

denninmi
12 years ago

What a weird non-winter in SE Michigan. Now, it promises to blend almost seamlessly into an early spring. At least, nothing in the 10 day forecast suggests a return to winter weather.

Makes me really want to get out there and get started, especially on those projects that never really got finished last season, like cleaning out the dead spent canes from the raspberries, or pruning back the elm hedge to a reasonable size, or fixing those trenches in the lawn where I dug out bamboo culms to transplant, and then just ran over all season while mowing, each time complaining about the jolt it gave both me and the mower.

Comments (2)

• jomuir
    12 years ago

Well I think you can get started on those projects, it seems our non-winter is over now. Yesterday I pruned my clematis & planted a bag of bleeding heart I picked up at Costco, thinking I'd plant them in April as the bag suggested. But I doubt we'll get any more hard freezes now. We also took out the hoses & turned on the outside water.

The ground is still too cool to cultivate but there are always odds & ends to work on, sounds like you have a few to work on! I'm heading outside today to work, it's going to be 79 degrees according to the weatherman/woman.

• luckynes13
    12 years ago

It is going to freeze maybe on Monday and Tuesday night. So be ready. Cover things up. After that I may plant some snowpeas.