Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windsorbruce

Emerald Ash Borer

WindsorBruce
18 years ago

I am in the Windsor area and would like to try and save two large ash trees in my yard. I was interested in imidacloprid,in the form of Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub, but after reading the warnings, I fear my pond nearby will be hit and the fish killed.

I have decided to do trunk injections and have researched several tools and products to do it myself.

Is there a source for imidacloprid in Ontario. I see it listed as for use as Admire and Intercept both as soil drenches?

Anyone have experience in trunk injections?

I think is is well worth the try.

Thanks in advance.

BTW my trees are about 40% and 10% canopy loss, and yes I have heard that past 10% the tree is proabably not going to make it .. This link gives me hope!

http://www.arborsystems.com/pdfs/TECH_NEWS.pdf?-session=arbor:183970C1079821738Dmyxi99CAE4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Success with trunk injections in Detroit News

Comments (2)

• treemedic
    18 years ago

I posted a response for you in the Gardening in Canada forum. I own a company that does tree injections but at this time there is no insecticide product registered for use in Canada by injection. Imadacloprid is not available for homeowner use in Canada, it is only registered for use for grubs in lawns and some vegetable crops but only commercial applications. We did have an insecticide registered for use in Canada by injection but a few years ago too much government red tape caused the company to give up on the Canadian market and they didn't renew their registration. Anyways...check out my posting in the Gardening in Canada post.

• WindsorBruce
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the update...

Was the other bidrin? That seems to be the other injectable under study.

Sign looks like the trees will be toast.

Send me your contact info privately, like to check on costs for any other treatment!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH