Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ronalda4

looking for club

ronalda4
18 years ago

I live in the Oxford/Metamora area and would like to join a local garden club. Problem is I can't find one.

Can anyone out there is cyberland help me?

Carol in Oxford, MI

Comments (2)

• goodhors
    18 years ago

You might start with the County Extension service, ask them about the Master Gardener program. Just finding the gardeners, you can ask about Garden Clubs. There is that really nice nursery going south on the highway from Lapeer towards Metamora. They might have some names or Clubs around the area.
    Not sure if you are country or not, but the deer are thick in that area, be sure to consider them when planting. They eat everything, really pesky for country folks. Hard to keep a garden nice, or even bushes.

• ginny12
    18 years ago

It's easy for anyone to find a garden club in their area. There is a national organization called National Garden Clubs Inc. The website is www.gardenclub.org Just go to that site.

Look for "Helpful Links". You will then see websites for most states, including Michigan and Illinois, for instance.

Click on your state's website and then click on "membership". It will tell you how to get in touch with them for clubs in your town/city. Have fun!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES