Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

So anybody getting 'itchy'?

paul_
15 years ago

Temps are warming up a bit. Spring isn't really terribly far away.

Comments (11)

• rawb
    15 years ago

Ya, I am! LoL Gonna get my seed starting station set up and the seeds ( hopefully ) germinating this week!

• treelover1960
    15 years ago

yepper!!,LOL my wife thinks I am nuts,I stand on the deck or in the yard and just look at it for ideas.We moved into a new home late last fall.A 1 acre wooded yard.needs lots of attn.I cant wait till it warms a little!

• Bogart
    15 years ago

It's great to see the first snowdrops of the year - Crocus can;t be far behind!

• toomanypotatoes
    15 years ago

I couldn't stand it. Had to start some lettuce in the cold frame. Probably too early but took the edge off...

• rawb
    15 years ago

My tulips are 3 in. high! It is nice to see! Though planting time is still 2 months away .. sigh

• vigilant20
    15 years ago

I'm am. I think it's twice as bad because it's my first garden in my first home :) But at least that means there a lot of work I can do to prepare. I'm started hauling home amendments and am going to pull the sod off this weekend.

• msaunt
    15 years ago

I have planted peas and radishes on my balcony. Nothing happening yet. I have a double layer of row cover over the peas. The garden centers just can't get their stock in fast enough for me. They don't have anything I'm looking for, just because I like to check out stuff from the catalogs in the stores, and then weigh the pros and cons of shipping, etc. I just ordered some extra tall tomato cages online, and the garden plot and all the containers on the balcony are plotted out on graph paper. Several seeds have been started. Some may be too early, so I may be starting over on those, but time will tell. I can't wait!

• retiredtraveler
    15 years ago

Yes. It's April 3 and the snow just finished melting today (north of Chicago). Started some peppers and tomatoes from seed about 10 days ago --- no germination yet. I always worry that they won't come through. It's been so cold, and dark most days it might be awhile.

• dg_rock
    15 years ago

I have my seedlings started and I am beginning to wonder if I planted more than I have room for.

• gin_gin
    15 years ago

Oh yeah, itching for spring for sure. I just moved from South Florida to Chicago burbs in November, so this was my first winter ever. Wasn't so bad, but boy am I ready for spring some green things. And there's snow in the forecast for Monday?!?!? ugh.

• rawb
    15 years ago

oh ya! The second week of April and new snow on the ground! Was so hoping that was it for snow, but this has to be it for sure! I hope, but can never tell with the lake effect aarrgghhh! LoL

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus