Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmpman1974

Which Flower Seeds to Sow Now?

cmpman1974
18 years ago

Hi. Looking for advice from other gardeners living in Zone 6B (SE Michigan) or similar. My last frost date is 5/12 or 5/15. We're at 3/6 now. Which flower seeds are you going to be sowing now or in the next week or so? I'm interested in common varieties such as petunias and common perennials.

I have already sowed pansies and snapdragons and poppies a while ago. They are doing fine. I believe these are the earliest to start and flowers like nasturtiums and zinnias are last.

Any lists would be appreciated.

Chris

Comments (2)

• mi_gardener
    18 years ago

Hi! I googled the same info and I found this chart. It lists all of the most common annuals, which was mostly what I was looking for. I hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Garden Online--Annuals Schedule

• lisa_z5wmi
    18 years ago

I'm just north of you, in GR. I started all my perennials already. I tend to buy my annuals. I used to start them myself at the end of March, but decided that I don't have the room. Plus, there are lots of good nurseries in my area that are really reasonable. Perennials take so long to get going and are so expensive that I'll start from seed. Best case scenario is, of course, to get a division from a friend!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus