Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Flower Seeds to Sow Now?

Posted by cmpman1974 Zone 6 MI (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 6, 06 at 14:48

Hi. Looking for advice from other gardeners living in Zone 6B (SE Michigan) or similar. My last frost date is 5/12 or 5/15. We're at 3/6 now. Which flower seeds are you going to be sowing now or in the next week or so? I'm interested in common varieties such as petunias and common perennials.

I have already sowed pansies and snapdragons and poppies a while ago. They are doing fine. I believe these are the earliest to start and flowers like nasturtiums and zinnias are last.

Any lists would be appreciated.

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Flower Seeds to Sow Now?

Hi! I googled the same info and I found this chart. It lists all of the most common annuals, which was mostly what I was looking for. I hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Garden Online--Annuals Schedule

o
RE: Which Flower Seeds to Sow Now?

I'm just north of you, in GR. I started all my perennials already. I tend to buy my annuals. I used to start them myself at the end of March, but decided that I don't have the room. Plus, there are lots of good nurseries in my area that are really reasonable. Perennials take so long to get going and are so expensive that I'll start from seed. Best case scenario is, of course, to get a division from a friend!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here