Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krazyaroider

Summer Chocolate Mimosa Source question

krazyaroider
16 years ago

I have been searching for a decent source of this tree. I have tried the seed route and was unsucessful. I planted the seed along with seed from a local "green" tree (in separate pots of course). I do not trust ebay sources and

Wayside Gardens price of $139.95 is a bit much.

I found a reasonably priced tree at a Nursery Web site on the west coast where the S/H was $30.00. No way am I paying that amount for S/H. for one 1 -2 ft.tree that does not wiegh that much - I was flabbergasted -of course I realised that costs have gone up, but do they want to sell their product?

I am looking for any source of this tree that I may check out. If a owner of this tree has excessive seed production and has them - I would pay the postage cost. I have no seed at this time to offer as there is 2 feet of snow outside!

I cannot be the ONLY one in this area looking for this tree.

~ Gerry

Comments (2)

• krazyaroider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Correction - Wayside Gardens is asking the excessive amount of $149.95 per tree...

• krazyaroider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have found that a reliable west coast mail order nursery has them and I purchased two. The total cost is about what Wayside Gardens is asking for one.
    While I was waiting for this nursery to respond (2 days later), I bid on one on ebay & won the bid. I noticed that seller has put another one up for bid, however the picture is of a different tree in front of the same background. I think this seller is good and just want to help others find this tree.
    I did some research and this seller operates a local nursery in northern Florida.
    I now have three for just a little more than Wayside is asking for one.
    I just wonder how of a mark up is on these trees? I wonder how much Wayside pays for their trees - Hmmm...
    I know that Hines Horticulture on the west coast holds the patent and marketing rights of these trees.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting