Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gonativegal

Chicagoland Garden Show?

gonativegal
16 years ago

I guess it's a bit late to post this since tomorrow's the last day of the show but did anyone go? Any comments or feedback good or bad.

They promised it would be better then last year since they had more time to line up vendors and lecturers.

I'm just worried I'm missing out on something if I don't attend.

Comments (2)

• crowspice
    16 years ago

I did not go last year,but DID go this year. It was very disappointing when compared to shows of the past. A much diminished show in every respect - including attendees!
    You did not miss a thing!

• gonativegal
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dear crowspice,

Thank you for responding. I went last year and it was awful and I did not have to drive far - about 12 miles.

The folks I really felt bad for were a couple of ladies from Indiana who had purchased a package which included a bus trip and admission. They were out $65/each.

That's a bit upsetting - they promised everyone last year to be patient and that 2008 would be better since they would have a full 12 months to line up vendors and speakers. I noted on the website this year that less then a 100 vendors were participating. Someone online made mention of a hot tub vendor? and thought it in bad taste.

Yesterday, I was browsing through an old Chicagoland Gardening from 2006 and looking at the beautiful pictures from Navy Pier.

This is too bad - maybe one day I'll have to drive to Ohio or Philadelphia to attend a quality flower show. I believe those two shows are supposed to be outstanding.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz