Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicagoland Garden Show?

Posted by gonativegal Zone5a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 08 at 20:40

I guess it's a bit late to post this since tomorrow's the last day of the show but did anyone go? Any comments or feedback good or bad.

They promised it would be better then last year since they had more time to line up vendors and lecturers.

I'm just worried I'm missing out on something if I don't attend.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicagoland Garden Show?

I did not go last year,but DID go this year. It was very disappointing when compared to shows of the past. A much diminished show in every respect - including attendees!
You did not miss a thing!

o
RE: Chicagoland Garden Show?

Dear crowspice,

Thank you for responding. I went last year and it was awful and I did not have to drive far - about 12 miles.

The folks I really felt bad for were a couple of ladies from Indiana who had purchased a package which included a bus trip and admission. They were out $65/each.

That's a bit upsetting - they promised everyone last year to be patient and that 2008 would be better since they would have a full 12 months to line up vendors and speakers. I noted on the website this year that less then a 100 vendors were participating. Someone online made mention of a hot tub vendor? and thought it in bad taste.

Yesterday, I was browsing through an old Chicagoland Gardening from 2006 and looking at the beautiful pictures from Navy Pier.

This is too bad - maybe one day I'll have to drive to Ohio or Philadelphia to attend a quality flower show. I believe those two shows are supposed to be outstanding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here