Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jprogers_gw

Digging holes in lawn

jprogers
17 years ago

It's only mid-March here in Downers Grove Illinois and I already have something digging in my lawn. It's not all over, only in about a 10 yard by 10 yard section. Could it be skunks looking for grubs this early?

I planted bulbs in the fall and the digging is somewhat near where I planted them...

Comments (2)

• chrismich250
    17 years ago

Yes, you guessed it--skunks after grubs. The skunks attacked my lawn last fall, and I will need to rake up 2 areas this spring. If it is thin, I will over seed to get the bare spots to fill in.
    I tried the grub-x 2 years ago, but since I am in the country--and the farmer next door plants soybean--the Japanese beetles are here in groves. I'm not bothering with the $500 expense anymore. Good luck.

• scapeartist
    16 years ago

I used Milky spore on my grub-infested lawn. It is a fungus that the grubs eat where it kills them and in turn the spore multiplies in order for more grubs to eat it. They say one application will work for years and years. I have yet to find any grubs or grub-spots in my lawn this year (I am crossing my fingers!)

- the milky spore is also safe for animals if you have pets roaming around your lawn & garden.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA