Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyful_grower

2 inches of snow, & still snowing

joyful_grower
17 years ago

I live on the border of Michigan and Ohio, near Toledo. We've received 2 inches of snow and it's still snowing. It's midnight! Ughh!!!! I've just received some of my plants from Brecks, yesterday, and it's a good thing I didn't run out and plant them! I have a yellow magnolia tree (butterfly I think it's called) and it blooms later than most magnolias, I thought I might see a few of them bloom.....but no longer! I've tulips up and some daffodils are up and other daffs almost ready to bloom. What will happen to them??/ Been a crazy year! What's happening in your region?

Comment (1)

• thorngrower sw. ont. z5
    17 years ago

Well the tulips and daffodils will be fine..Mine got the same thing acouple of weeks ago.They all bent over hugging the ground..My daff's were blooming i thought they were toast.But they eventually stood up and kept on blooming, my tulips are fine as well..But all my rose bushs had started leafing out some of the leaves have freeze damage.AS well as the forsythia buds have blackened as well.Just have to wait and see, nothing has continued leafing out since the snow and freeze easter sunday.The weathers suppose to really warm up by weeks end..good luck...mark

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville