Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pitimpinai

Please try 'Flower Scent Gardens', everyone!

pitimpinai
19 years ago

I am a long time Bluestone customer, but last fall several people here or on the Cutflower forum were raving about Chrysanthemum 'Emperor of China'. I searched everywhere and found it at a reasonable price at the Flower Scent Gardens. I was a bit skeptical about ordering from someone I had not heard of, but some of you highly recommended this grower.

My 'Emperor of China' arrived yesterday without fanfare. There should have been a reception line and a big parade for the Emperor! Wow....I have never received a larger and healthier looking plant for $3.50 each! Bluestone, move over!

This is a very small grower, though..a one man operation. I think he has only one greenhouse. He does everything himself, does not have a fancy catalog, but every entry is lovingly described. His love for plants really showed in the plants and package he mailed.........which is exceptional. And a fellow composter will appreciate his packaging; he stuffed the box with shredded newspaper and he recycled his shipping box!

I'll have to hunt down his catalog and send him an email.

Here's the address:

Flower Scent Gardens

14820 Moine Rd.

Doylestown, OH 44230-9744

Phone & Fax: (330) 658 5946

E-mail address: fsg@brightdsl.net

I wish I had more room. I will definitely order from him again.

Comments (5)

• CzechChick
    19 years ago

I think I've heard of this place before in the Accessible Gardening Forum. I'm planning a Sensory Garden and it sounds like I need to give this guy some business. Does he have a web site?

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yes, he does. I forgot about it.
    I don't know how to post a link, but here it is:

www.flowerscentgardens.com

I just checked the Gardenwatchdog. He received raving comments there too. So I added my comments as well.

Highly recommended. Good luck.

• CzechChick
    19 years ago

Hey, Happy Birthday pitimpinai! Only a few days late! :)
    Thanks for the link. To post a link, scroll down a little bit from where you type your message and you'll see two boxes, one for the addy and one for the name of the link. Just make sure you include the http:// part of the addy or the link will be rejected.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Scent Gardens

• pitimpinai
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, CzechChick for the BD wish and the instruction on how to post a link. Great fun you gave me!

• lizql
    18 years ago

I could drive there.