Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rofl57

What's up? Not my daffodils.

rofl57
19 years ago

I'm looking for a bulb report because I'm starting to panic. I see daffodils in full bloom in the city limits (Fox Cities area), but out here in the country, next to an open windy field, they're not even poking through. I planted close to 300 various bulbs last fall, followed the instructions to the T, I hate to think so many were duds. Crocus did their thing, tulips are up a couple inches, one of three allium, but no daffodils, frittilaria, hyacinths or muscari.

How about you?

Comments (4)

• cantstopgardening
    19 years ago

In my yard, the daffodils that are in protected spots are budding up. Others in colder, darker spots are just poking above the ground. If I really, really look, I can spot them :-)

• karen_w
    19 years ago

I'm in the Grand Rapids, Mi. area. The daffs in full sun are blooming. The ones that had snowdrifts on them until a couple of weeks ago are pushing up. I can see buds.
    Most likely, I'm way south of you. We're arguably zone 6.
    Critters don't eat daffs. They are pretty reliable unless they're in standing water and they rot. K.

• HomeMaker
    19 years ago

If it's any comfort, the ones I have in the sun have about 1-2 inches showing, the ones on the shadier north side of the house are barely visible.

• dannie
    19 years ago

Some of my daffodils are blooming but they are really short. I think I may have planted a dwarf mixture. The bigger older daffodils are growing but no blooms yet. This is a west exposure close to the house. I see nothing yet in the backyard.