Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliana63

first daffodil bloom, mallards, new projects?

Juliana63
18 years ago

My first daffodil is blooming! I saw them a week ago on a south facing slope in town, so knew that mine wouldn't be far behind.

Ritz and Triscuit, "The Quackers," have also been visiting my little pond. Anyone else a sucker for nature puns?

I planted 2 Ashmead's Kernel Apple Trees yesterday, just in time for the rain. Converting the final 1/4 acre of lawn into an orchard of heirloom trees is one of the projects this spring. Though 2 year old sprouts require a lot of imagination to see an orchard. "Close your eyes and think of an apple pie" has converted DH to my vision -- usually works on any garden proposal.

Comment (1)

• chrismich250
    18 years ago

saw a bit of yellow on one daffodil, but since my beds are heavily mulched, they are always late. I'm still working on making a 'woods' in the back yard. got a red horsechestnut, bur oak, --want a silver linden, yellow catalpa, and yellow elm, but I want them locally and not $$$. just like on ebay, the shipping doubles the costs.
    new project--because a new subdivison is being built behind me, I'm putting up a decorative fence-made from a large crate, painted yellow in the bed in the middle of the yard. hope it helps my eye stay in my own yard, not on the new houses.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living