Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtdiver_gw

What's blooming now?

dirtdiver
19 years ago

For me, the pulmonarias, primroses, brunnera, fritillaria/guinea hen, various species tulips, muscari and arabis have joined the scilla and daffodils in bloom. A few blocks further from the lake where it warms up faster, they're in full cherry/magnolia mode, but not here yet.

How about you all?

Comments (8)

• jroot
    19 years ago

Only a few crocus, snowdrops, and small daffodils are up. Oh, and my fig tree has bloomed, but that certainly is not spectacular....only the fruit LOL.

• goodhors
    19 years ago

Lots of daffodils. I plant mixed kinds so they have a long blooming period, many shapes and color combinations. Now the miniture daffodils are opening up too, the tulips are starting to show, Parrots and single yellows open. A couple of waterlily tulips blooming in protected places. Violets are REALLY looking good, both purple and white speckled make a carpet of color, smell wonderful! My sweet cherry tree started opening on Tuesday, lots of flowers, also in a pretty protected area. Hope the orchards are not blooming yet, frost is predicted for the next few days. Vinca is opening more daily, along with muscari, Hyacinths, Tulip Imperials(fritillaria family). Forsythia are just blazing in all the yards. Some silent bloomers, the Current bushes, Ironwood trees, with their green flowers. Coralburst crabapple is getting full buds, showing color, so are the lilac tips with purple buds, fothergilla is fat budded, still green though.

I even enjoy the different greens of the sprouting things, lots coming along, not blooming yet. Peonies with red foliage are a pretty contrast.

Such a pretty time of year, the first of the new season.

• pitimpinai
    19 years ago

Love this time of year too. things a shooting up so fast I cannot keep up. It was so warm for several days a lot of my Daffodils that should have bloomed later opened up already. I, too, have planted various kinds of Narcissi to extend the bloom. Right now I still have a few Scilla left.

These are also in full bloom:

>Bleeding Heart
    >tulips
    >Primula veris, Primula acaulis, Primula with no name
    >Flowering Quince
    >Creeping Phlox
    >Helleborus niger
    >Muscari
    >Leucojum aestivum
    >Solomon's Seal (?)
    >Peach
    >Buffalo Currants
    >Forthegilla gardenii
    >Platycladus orientalis
    >Forget-me-nots
    >Viburnum juddii
    >Viburnum 'Mohawk'
    >Barberi
    What a wonderful time of year!

• charlottev
    19 years ago

Are you sure some of you guys live in zone 5??? I can't believe what is blooming. As of yesterday, I only have some species tulips, miniature daffodils, hyacinths, some primroses, miniature irises, snow drops and crocus are almost done. Oh yes, hellabores is doing very well. The good thing is, I have LOTS to look forward to.

• Sophie_A2
    19 years ago

My house is full of bouquets of tulips, daffodils, forsythia. Several viburnums are close to blooming--the leather-leaf and the korean spice. I have bleeding heart blooming, too-the pink. I think the white is a little behind. One of my dwarf fruit trees is blooming, too, but I don't remember what it is! Apple or pear? Hope one day of lows in the 20s doesn't nip them.

• Juliana63
    19 years ago

Wish I'd picked some daffodils before this cold snap! I just covered the Astilboides flowers as well as pulmonarias, celandine poppy, and bleeding hearts. My montmorency cherry just burst into bloom on Thursday -- doesn't look good for fruit production this year.

• missmouthy
    19 years ago

I have one sole lonely hyacinth up, wonderful fragrance right under my window. My pansies are up and my ground pink phlox is coming on great. I dont expect the snow to hurt them at all. It will be sunny soon and the snow will be gone.
    MissMouthy

• hairmetal4ever
    19 years ago

Peaches in bloom, flowering cherries in bloom, forsythia done. Darwin tulips, the ubiquitous Callery pears. Fruiting pears showing white. Silver and red maples have little "helicopter" fruits set (about a quarter inch in size so far). Early crabs coming into bloom. Saucer magnolias at petal drop. Daffs pretty much finished but some of the more colorful later ones are still in bloom. Norway maples have 2 inch leaves on them.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County