Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drakens

Anyone else looking forward to starting this weekend?

Drakens
15 years ago

Well here in Michigan it's supposed to finally be a nice weekend, lower 60's and sunny! I look forward to starting some garden tasks, may level out the backyard with some soil, check out the hoses, fluff up the mulch, maybe even plant some daffodils. Anyone else itching to get out and start gardening?

Comments (4)

• loagiehoagie
    15 years ago

You bet! Not sure that anything is happening in the garden, but might get the greenhouse situated. Peppers and tomatoes are under lights in the basement and they will get moved outside in the GH in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting (over 35 degrees at night!).

I know every year winter seems long, but this year is extra long!

Duane

• squirrel_girl
    15 years ago

Dukerdawg,
    You will be surprised. The gardens are waking up. I've been out in the yard the last few days and I've found green. Just little leaves forming at the base of the plants, but it is green!

Columbine,
    hollyhocks
    day lillies,
    tulips,
    lavender
    foxglove,
    weeds :(
    ferns
    jacobs ladder
    hucherra
    forget me not
    stem growth on trees
    chives
    still living pansies
    daffodils
    larkspur reseeds

Since my garden is small, I would say 1/3 of it is showing signs of life if I look close enough. I feel like a proud mamma

We raked the yard yesterday to pull up some matted snow mold plagued grass. Much to my husband's delight, there are little grass sprouts 1/4 in from the soil.

Have fun out there!

• paul_
    15 years ago

Got some tom seeds planted last weekend and they've sprouted well -- very good germination. I've got a VERY bright/sunny window ledge so lights not a prob. Just have to remember to check them for water daily.

• clabarr
    15 years ago

I have tomatos and peppers growing in the garden in the insulating teepees (water filled plastic chambers around each plant). The spinach and cold season lettuce is peeking out...

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?