Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newcomer_on

Need help for reseed my lawn. Please

newcomer_on
18 years ago

I cut 2 pine trees last winter. The grass is alomost die. I am planning to reseed my lawn. Someone told me to buy triple mixto put on the lawn. I am new to this. So can anyone please tell me what I need and where to buy them?

I live in missisauga.

Thanks so much in advance.

newcommer_on

Comments (5)

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

you can buy grass seed at walmart, meijer, tsc, feed stores etc. the triple mix is just three different types of grasses. one that will come out fast, one for when it's hot, etc. we just reseeded our yard and used one with perennial rye and a few different varieties of fescue.

• newcomer_on
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for reply. I Thought the triple mix is type of soil. I also looking into the seeds. The sales told me the seeds is mixed with kentucky blue, perennial and something I forget. The sales also told me that fescues is good for shaded area. By the way, what do you use for seeding so that the seeds can spread evernly?

Thanks,

newcomer_on

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

you can buy or rent a broadcast spreader, but we just do it by hand and get as close as we can. then put down straw over it so the seeds won't be washed away as much. it's mostly like kentucky blue grass, perennial rye, and blue or red fescue.

• newcomer_on
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks again, Where did you get straw? I have big area to work on. It about 900 to 1000 sq ft.

newcomer_on

• cody_mi
    18 years ago

we got straw from a local farmer, but feed stores carry it too. it's about 3.00 a bale.

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals