Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

When, oh when, will this frost stop?

denninmi
14 years ago

Yeah, I know, I'm being whiny!

It seems sort of unfair to be in the middle of the earliest and warmest on record (to date anyway) April in Detroit, yet to have frost every other night.

Makes it hard. I have a LOT of things that could go outside, but I have to huddle them scrunched together in the greenhouse, or waste an hour each night covering them, only to uncover them the next morning, recover the next time frost threatens.

Spoiled is what I am, and I admit it, but life would be SO much simpler if I could just put things out and leave them there.

I don't mind the random frost once in a while in May, but I hope it turns mild enough that I can put things out and leave them there without all the maintenance.

I guess I don't want much, do I? :=)

Comments (5)

• paul_
    14 years ago

Having lived much of my life up in Traverse City, I'm used to waiting until after Memorial Day for planting so though "itchy", I don't expect it to be safe yet. Could be worse, Den -- you could live in the UP. LOL

• cheryl2424
    14 years ago

I'm an hour north of Toronto, great weather and the stores are stocked with flowers, but it's too risky to pot now. Because of the weather we've already been socializing outside with only early green perennials to look at, hurry up May 24!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    14 years ago

Ice in the birdbath this morning. Right now is about my average last frost date, although everything is at least two weeks ahead of schedule.

tj

• puzzlefan
    13 years ago

Close to Traverse City also, and getting worried. All the strawberries are starting to blossom and the weather forcast for the next two weeks is making me mighty depressed. Lows at night, low thirties!!

• denninmi
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, this week is going to be warm here, but then it sounds like it's going to turn a lot colder next weekend. It could all depend on whether or not it stays cloudy at night.

I moved a whole lot of things outside this weekend. Had to do it, they needed to go out and I needed the space in the greenhouses.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH