Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannier_gw

redbud tree, Minnisota strain

JeannieR
19 years ago

Does anyone know any nurserys that grow/have this variety of redbud tree?

I have had three die on me. Two were small saplings from a big box store.

I bought two expensive six foot tall ones in pots last year. (I wanted blooming size) I think one of them is dead. The other may be alive.

I have a Magnolia,"olympus" I got a Bordines in a pot as a six foot blooming tree that has done just fine for the last two years in the same bed.

I heard about the Minnisota strain redbud tree. Can't find the place I found out about it now on the web. I want to find a place where I can get blooming size trees to replace the dead ones.

I just love redbud trees, and this is the main view off my sunroom and deck. There are hostas, selfseeded all over many columbines, foxgloves, hydrangeas, white butterfly bush, geranuims, siberian iris, daylillies, spring bulbs, I forget what all. It is very beautiful when those columbines bloom. They self seeded, and are all verigated shades of pale lavender to purple. This is backed up about five foot away by a windbreak line of evergreen trees along the property line. And I like how the white edge hostas look. So I planted the white butterfly bush last year. And the hydrangea is Annabel (white). I'll see how the endless summer Hydrangea does.

Thanks, Jeannie

I do have one that has grown for me to a good size tree, and it was just a sapling from a big box store when I got it. It has been blooming wonderfully for several years now. But, we found out is is growning in the yard right near the end of the septic field! You could see right where the septic field ended one year when the drought killed all the grass in the yard, except for green stripes where the septic drain field was!

Comments (3)

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

Using Google as your search engine: Minnesota strain Redbud Tree.

• JeannieR
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks GrannyMarsh,

Don't know why I didn't use Google. I always use Yahoo, they used to use Google. I guess they do their own thing now.

• Greenthumb
    19 years ago

Yes, please note the correct spelling of "Minnesota". Using the correct spelling will make sure you get the results you are looking for.
    Good luck,
    Mike

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus