Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aeolian_mi

Matthaei Spring Plant Sale

Aeolian_MI
19 years ago

I saw a ad for a plant sale at Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor. They say it's their 25th. It's this sat/sun coincidentally when my mom and I were planning a gardening weekend- so I was wondering if any GWers had been to this before and if it's worth a visit.

Comments (5)

• Juliana63
    19 years ago

Absolutely! I put this on my calendar every spring. The list of plants available is on their website -- it helps to plan ahead for the cultivars you are looking for because it's well organized but crowded. Also, bring your own cardboard box(es) for transport -- otherwise you'll have to buy them on site. Prices are reasonable as well.

• VictoriaZofiaZ5
    19 years ago

DO NOT MISS IT. IT"S HUGE!!!!

• rhythm
    18 years ago

It's back. May 6-7th. See you there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let me tell you where it's at and what you'll find.

• Juliana63
    17 years ago

Good sale, as usual, but who is snatching up all the pulmonaria?! I got there at 9:15 on Sat, made a beeline for "P" and found 4 plants left. It was the same last year -- I've got to send a recommendation that they increase inventory for next year.

• rhythm
    17 years ago

You know they have a pre-sale to members on Friday night. They may have beat you to the Ps. I found some items cleaned out on the table tops, but extra stock under the tables. And that was at about 10am Sat morning.