Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rose_is_a_rose

Rozanne Geranium

rose_is_a_rose
17 years ago

I am wondering if anyone has sucessfully seen the return of Rozanne Geranium? I really love this plant but two years in a row now I've planted and they haven't reappeared. I have even tried different spots for sun/shade. I'm in Zone 4.

Comments (7)

• Juliana63
    17 years ago

I've tried this cultivar 2 years in a row and mine have not returned even in a protected area-- I'll stick with tried and true Johnson's Blue.

• entling
    17 years ago

Rozanne is up and leafed out in my garden. I have it in a slightly raised bed in an Eastern exposure. For winter, I put shredded leaves on it. I've had it for a couple of years now and it just keeps getting better. I'm trying to decide if I want to try to divide it, but I'm afraid I'll just kill it.

• sjudith
    16 years ago

This will be my third year with Rozanne Geranium. I have three clumps in my protected south facing mostly shaded garden.

Each year I cut it back at least once or twice a summer and it still spreads like crazy. I think the fact that my garden is almost fully shaded during the hottest part of the day (11-2) seems it really help.

This is one of the lowest maintenance plants I have - I doubt there is anything I can do it kill it.

• eks6426
    16 years ago

I also have Rozanne...newly planted from a mail order place last year. It was beautiful...bloomed all summer and got big. I'm very happy to report that it is up with lots of leaves this year. In fact, it has spread quite a bit. But no blooms yet.

• dirtdiver
    16 years ago

This would have been my third year with Rozanne, and it seems to have died over the winter. It was in a very exposed west-facing spot, and I didn't mulch much for winter, beyond keeping whatever leaves that fell into the bed.

• rose_is_a_rose
    Original Author
    16 years ago

FINALLY! she has emerged in both places I planted her and she is growing rapidly.... I guess I just needed a little patience.

• spinach
    16 years ago

I planted several Rozannes last year and all have come back robustly. I read somewhere that the key to Rozanne is excellent drainage and that's what mine have. Hope this helps!