Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristixx

Planting ranunculus

Kristixx
17 years ago

My package of ranunculus came with no planting instructions, except to soak them 24 hours, 2" deep, then soak ground.

But do I plant them with the "toes" down?

Thanks for response.

Kristi

Comments (3)

• poppydog
    17 years ago

Dig holes and plant the ranunculus bulbs 2' deep and 4'-6' apart. The bulbs look like small, dark bunches of bananas, a curious shape that makes it easy to determine which side is up and which is down for planting. Tuck your ranunculus into the planting hole with the 'bananas' pointing down.

Link to website is below. I planted mine this way, but they never germinated. I think they just rotted. Good Luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: instructions

• foxglove
    17 years ago

Hi! I planted ranunculus bulbs in a large planter this past April. I soaked them in luke warm water for one hour (After doing a little reading up on soaking the bulbs I only went w/ one hour. A 24 hour soak can turn them to mush.) and then planted them (toes/bananas down) two inches deep. They spent many sunny days in April on my south deck and I brought them in at night. I had buds popping within a few weeks. Now it's June 1st and my ranunculus are huge! I planted several colors all in one large container, so once they begin to bloom it will be quite the display. They receive full sun on my deck and I water them religiously. Good luck!!

• snh70985_aol_com
    12 years ago

How often do you water them?

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction