Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodhors

I Can't Look Fast Enough!

goodhors
18 years ago

I am having a hard time keeping up with all the plants and blooms that are coming on around here!! It seems like every plant is racing to grow and bloom, no time spacing between them to enjoy each kind. Maybe I am not remembering so well, but this growth seems very accelerated this Spring. My forsythia still has some blooms in the shade, while the tall Iris and Alliums are starting to bud out! Grape hyacinths are finishing, while the dwarf Iris black and maroon flowers have bloomed all week. Yellow flowers dwarfs starting and blue dwarfs still to go. Peonies are getting big buds, while tree Peonies are close to opening. One Clematis has FLOWERS going, dark pink bells that open very wide. I just can't think it ever bloomed so early before. I also found the Asparagus had sprouted enough to pick some! Kerria buds are set to open with some heat. The tulips are down to the last fringed and parrots. My last daffodils to bloom, double faced daffodils and narcissis are wide open. Almond bushes exploded in flower the first of the week, lots of bloom even with such a cold winter.

The currents have started making the green fruits, Rose of Sharon bushes have leaves starting. They usually don't do anything until the end of May. Even butterfly bushes are putting out new, larger leaves. Last year they did nothing until JULY! I tracked them, thought they were all dead. My new bed of perennials is sprouting at a terrific rate, the low creepers are flowering, lots of interesting blooms since the plants are all new to me. I purposely bought things I had never had before as surprises.

I try to make a couple walks a day, thru the yard so I can notice everything. Still the view changes every couple hours. Buds grow, open in those short times.

What an amazing thing nature is, keeps you surprised all the time.

Comment (1)

• karen_w
    18 years ago

I KNOW!!! I was gone for the weekend. To Kentucky where the roses are blooming...picture me dying of jealousy here.
    Walked the yard Sunday evening and stuff was blooming that wasn't even budded when I left. I figured it was because I hit everything with a shot of 20-20-20 fertilizer before I left.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living