Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink tulip varieties always boom deep coral

Posted by BarbWagner none (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 12:56

Both my varieties of pink tulip bloom a deep coral colour. Why? Is there something in my soil that is turning them this colour? Is there some way to amend the soil so the colour is more true? I've used a nice common clear pink tulip called "pink impression" and another called "christmas dream" both come out deep shades of coral and my "angelique" is not bad but also comes out darker than it should. Ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink tulip varieties always boom deep coral

"BLOOM" lol! Bloom deep coral

o

Bulbs got mixed up at the distributor?

o

No, not a mix-up. My Pink Impression come out coral instead of bubblegum pink and my Christmas Dream comes out deep coral instead of a rich pink. Two different varieties, two different Distributors and two very different store locations. I'm thinking there is something about my soil that makes them the wrong colour.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here