Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrismich250

frost got my tomatoes

chrismich250
16 years ago

Well, I was feeling good, so I planted my salvia, tomatoes and geraniums yesterday. They are all mush today. I'm hoping the geraniums will come back. I should have know better and waited 2 more weeks, shucks.

At least I can save the other 4 flats of plants, that I guess were protected with the absorbed heat from the concrete driveway where they sat all night. I've got to take them all into the garage somewhere, and pull in the house plants too. I am so ready for warm weather.

Comments (3)

• karen_w
    16 years ago

Ohhh aren't we all. I didn't have time to pot up my sprouting Elephant Ears in the big pot. I'm happy about that now.
    Whipped that puppy into the shed along with some other stuff.
    Ah, Michigan.
    Karen (Grand Rapids)

• chris_ont
    16 years ago

I'm about to stomp my feet and pout if things don't warm up. I need to get my cherry tomatoes up or I will positively explode.
    This is a new garden for me and I am like a kid at Christmas. The soil is in super shape, the support is up, but the dreaded F-word keeps popping up in the forecast and I dare not get the plants into the ground.
    Is this a really late spring or am I imagining things?

As an aside, I picked up an elephant ear, too. It's been potted up in the kitchen for the past three weeks and so far bears a striking resemblance to a coconut stuck in a bucket of loam. Do these things ever sprout?

C.

• karen_w
    16 years ago

Elephant ears take a long time to form their root system before they sprout. Be patient. I think we're done with the F word now, so I'm going to plant accordingly

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus