Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gecmastr

hiring a chicago area landscaper to weed?

gecmastr
15 years ago

hi,

I have been lax with my weeding the last yr or so and my large beds are overrun with grass, bindweed and creeping charlie.

I was thinking of hiring someone to weed - but I need someone to actually get on their hands and knees and know the difference between the weed and the actual baby plants around the big plants.

do landscapers do this kind of work? Would they charge a fortune for it?

I have never hired or priced landscapers before and was wonderng if I could get some advice about how much this would cost in the chicago area?

THANKS!

Comment (1)

• gonativegal
    15 years ago

Hi,

I'm a professional gardener in the Chicago area - currently I charge an average rate of $40-50/for weeding (probably middle of the road as I know some folks charge as little as $20/25 hour or as much as $65/70 for the same work).

One place to look is lda.org. It's a group consisting of primarily landscape designers in the Chicago region but also some folk that bridge both the design and the maintenance end of the perennial gardens.

The problem with traditional landscapers is that garden maintenance (including weeding) is not their forte, they're better with lawn care and general fall cleanup then all the other details like weeding, thinning and proper pruning of perennials & shrubs.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths