Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelspur

Any good nurseries Grand Rapids area?

squirrelspur
16 years ago

Hi, I'll be visiting my mom in Grand Rapids soon and trying to help her set up a garden. Any good nurseries in the area?

Comments (6)

• kek19
    16 years ago

Potato Joe's is a nice little nursery, good pricing. They're located on Sparta Ave (in sparta) right off of M-37 N (alpine). There's also the Fruit basket Flowerlands, I know of one on Alpine, and one on 28th St. Creekside is located on Fruitridge I think near 6 mile or 4 mile.

Where in GR are you going to be?

• squirrelspur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi kek19, will be in SE Grand Rapids. Thanks for the suggestions. We can go further if the nursery is good, can always drive for plants!

• karen_w
    16 years ago

WW Greenhouse in Hudsonville is wonderful and huge, but not cheap. I love it.
    Romence on Lakeside is one of my faves, also Ludema's on Eastern. Horrocks on 44th rocks.
    We have tons of great nurseries.
    K.

• squirrelspur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks - we went to Ludema's and Horrocks. You are right about the # of great nurseries - wish we had as many in my area of NC, which you would think we would due to the warmer weather...maybe too warm! I wouldn't have to use mail order if I lived in the GR area.

• karen_w
    16 years ago

Glad you enjoyed them! I don't use mail order, ever. :)
    P.S. I'm a realtor, so if you ever want to move here.....

• squirrelspur
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Karen....I'm too spoiled now with our mild NC winters. However if this global warming continues, I might consider it - we've had an incredibly hot summer already with temps in the 90s and little rain, what is it going to be like when it is officially summer?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting