Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovesgardening

night blooming jasmine in Cleveland? (Cestrum nocturnum

lovesgardening
10 years ago

Hi all. I hope I'm in the right forum. Anyways I live in Israel and my mom fell in love with The amazing evening scent of my cestrum nocturnum plant during her visit. I was wondering if anyone grows them around here and what they do with them in the winter. I know they don't like the cold weather In Israel which is pretty mild so I can't imagine what would happen here. It's in a big pot.
my question is should she try to overwinter it in the house or in the garage Which is heated but gets less light. Please share your experiences and advice. Many thanks in advance,
Dory

Comments (3)

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

I searched on the web and they are supposed to be kept above 45 degrees. They need full sun. So I would keep them in the house, not the garage. I doubt they even go dormant. I was in Jamaica and the Night Jasmine was intoxicating. I think I'm going to try and grow them too. Keep the plant outside in the hot summer months, and bring it in for the fall and winter. Sounds like a south window is a must.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

I did purchase a small plant!! It's growing well on our southern exposed porch.

• drew51 SE MI Z5b/6a
    10 years ago

It's flowering now! Wow the fragrance is strong, very cool!

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area