Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whip1_gw

road side flowers?

I have been noticeing a blue and white flower on the roadsides here in ne Ohio. It is about 3 feet tall, very soft looking, and in full bloom now. I don't have a pic and the description isn't the best. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of this flower? If you have been out driving I know you've seen them.

Comments (5)

• harlgr8dane
    18 years ago

some type of wild phlox i think. they smell incredible. They are all throughout one of the ditches around our house - They spread and are pretty!

• david925
    18 years ago

Check out Hesperis - common name Dame's Rocket. Fragrant, potentially invasive - which is why you see them everywhere.

• whip1 Zone 5 NE Ohio
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I googled it and I think that is it. I was thinking about digging some up for a meadow. Not now. Thank you.

• Jazmyn
    18 years ago

I somehow managed to get a patch of these in my garden. I suspect when i moved my garden from WNY a few years ago I mistook a small patch of rocket for my evening primrose (don't ask me how) and last summer i was befuddled to discover this huge patch of something growing next to my rose of sharon.

so far i've let it to..they are pretty, and very fragrant. But I'll eventually have to rip the sucker out. It's invading my columbines.

-jaz.

• Chitown33
    18 years ago

I've been noticing really pretty purple ones, on the drives up the Wisconsin. All of the wildflowers and grasses outside of any urban areas look amazing if you pay attention!

Chitown

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio