Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peter4_gw

Clematis

peter4
17 years ago

Last year we planted 2 clematis (don't have the names of them right now). We planted them in a spot right below our back yard deck, with a trellis for them to grow on. They did very well, but only a couple blooms. BUT, this year they have definitely outgrown the original trellis and are up to the top railing of the deck which is probably about 6 or 7 feet off the ground. I've decided to let them have the whole rear of the deck all to themselves. They are just gorgeous, with blooms of purple and burgandy. What I need to know is can I move one of them to a new location, either this fall or in the spring? I assume that every year they will just keep getting bigger and bigger. Any help with anything to do with clematis will be appreciated.

Comments (2)

• dllfb
    17 years ago

Yes...I moved mine last fall (October) and it is doing fine in it's new location.

• peter4
    Original Author
    17 years ago

d - thanks a lot. I hated to do anything before I checked. I just never expected they would do this good!!! Just from reading some other comments, I kind of figured they were hard to grow and get to bloom. WELL, it sure did surprise me.