Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msaunt

My Balcony Containers

msaunt
14 years ago

This year, I started a photo site for my garden. The gardens are less than a mile from Lake Erie. So far I've only pictured my 8th floor balcony container garden. I need to get down to my garden patch and take some photos down there as well. I concentrate on veggies, with some sunflowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2009 Garden

Comments (2)

• pondwelr
    14 years ago

I am so impressed with the gardening setup you have on that balcony. Tell me, what are cesars boxes? Are they similar to Earth boxes?
    I just love container gardening of late, because I plan to move to a condo in the near future, and want my own home-grown veggies. Will likely move to Green Bay, WI, near Lake Michigan.

Your photo site is great. Keep it up please. Pondy

• msaunt
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Pondy, sorry I haven't been back here, I just saw your question. That box is planted with Little Ceasar Lettuce, but I have several of those window boxes, purchased from Discount Drug Mart (for those in NE OH). The one with Little Ceaser lettuce is an 18" and I have three 24". Below is a link. The manufacturer's site is not listing as many self-watering choices as they used to, which is a shame as these things work great and only cost $4-$5 apiece on sale. In fact I picked up 2 10" round self watering pots on sale earlier this year, they have container tomatoes in them now. They are not the scalloped style so they don't match, but I think they were $3? Couldn't pass it up. I'm afraid my store may be discontinuing them as there are hardly any left on the shelf. Hopefully they get more next spring.

Things are pretty well set on the balcony now. I'm in watering only mode. I'll be posting new pics soon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Misco Self Watering Windowboxes, scalloped style.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio