Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jojogardennewbie

which plants are which

jojogardennewbie
17 years ago

Over tha past 2 months I have been pinching off cuttings of plants at friends and family's houses and rooting them.Now I have a bunch of rooted cuttings and cant remember sun or shade, or what the heck they are. I know they will be beautiful what ever they are. What should I do?

Jolene

Comments (3)

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

What a great gardener you are! Good job. Not everybody can start plants from cuttings.

Plant them comes cooler weather and see what happens next year. You can move them once they have grown a good root system. By then, you'll know what they are.

You can always go back and look at the mother plants and compare the leaves & flowers, can't you? You can also post pics on Name that Plant forum. People like to take a shot at identifying plants.

• jojogardennewbie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you I will post pics after they grow a little. I will also go back to check the parent plants at my friends house. Good ideas thanks. I was getting nervous as to what the heck to with them. As for rootting them I just took the stem and put them in a small pot with soiless potting mix and keep it moist. Never used any hormones or anything. So far so good
    Jolene

• jroot
    17 years ago

Well done, Jolene.

Good advice, pitimpinai. You're the fig lover, aren't you?

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington