Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Long Before Orange Trumpet Vine Blooms?

Posted by mum_mum none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 10:34

I've a bunch of this growing alongside the house- It's big and bushy and healthy and climbing but it isn't blooming- This is an trumpet vine is it not? Or something that looks like it?

This post was edited by mum_mum on Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 10:39

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Long Before Orange Trumpet Vine Blooms?

It does appear to be a Trumpet Vine. It should be blooming right now but I don't think yours is old enough yet. It seems to take a few years and a lot of growth before the vines begin flowering.

o

I took cuttings off my stepmother's vine several years ago. After it had rooted and been planted out, it just sat there. After awhile I forgot it was there and wasn't doing anything in that area; it even got mowed over by accident! Last year I noticed it was still alive, and thought I'd move it to another location. Forgot it again. This summer I was walking some friends through our garden and remembered the vine. We went to see if it was still there and was shocked to see that it was not only still there, it had crept to the fence and twined up it, and was getting ready to bloom! Anyway, my bet is yours will bloom next year - cross your fingers!

o

Smivies is right about how it should be blooming right now. The wild one behind my house has already bloomed and dropped its flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here