Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

Well this is putting a bit of a crimp in my plans......

paul_
14 years ago

I don't get up to TC often to see my folks. So it generally means that I have to squeeze in the gardening between other outings while I'm there. (I'm the gardener in the family so I plant their gardens.) So came up on Sunday (roughly 3.5 hour drive) for a horse event we were all (my folks, sis, & yours truly) invited to. Then went out to a place called "Moomer's" -- they make their own icecream. After which we all went to see the new Harry Potter -- end of day one

Next day sis and I took the parental units canoeing. Beautiful day for it -- not too hot or cold. Got there before the 'hordes' so had a nice quiet journey with large sections of the river to ourselves. Went back to the folks' place relaxed for a bit, then started on some weeding. Bit later headed out to see the 'Beach Bums' (the city's Frontier League baseball team) play so that day was done.

Next day ... went out for breakfast, then to a local plant nursery. Spent several hours there (much to my amazement -- for me that would be normal, but for my sis and folks? NOT!). Sis wound up buying plants to take downstate with her and my folks found a number they liked. (Couple of their flowerbeds look simply awful ... result of my not being able to get up here in the spring or fall. Been trying to move plants from one location to another without killing them or damaging them too much. Amazing how long that takes when you're trying to be careful moving bulb plants that are already a foot or more tall. So the 'renovation' has been gradual to put it kindly. I have managed to get a few areas cleared via relocations & have some idea of where to take those plots with new additions -- hence the plants the folks picked out -- to minimize maintenance once all is done.) So got back from the nursery outing and got to work on the weeding -- and there's a lot of that to do. Got one bed completed then the rain came -- and stayed.

Now a new day and rain & thunder/lightning is pretty much on going with no real let up. Plan on heading back home tomorrow. Once again, don't know how much I'll be able to complete since the weather is not feeling cooperative. *sigh*

Comment

Sponsored
    Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
    Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
    Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner