Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
durgandurgan

Garden Tour Brampton Zone 5

durgandurgan
17 years ago

http://xrl.us/nus9

URL to Garden Tour 2 July 2006. Not for couch potatoes. The pictures are captioned on the upper left of the larger photo.

It just rained here for five minutes about one inch, 2 July 2006 2030 hours. We has almost no rain during the month of June.

Durgan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of Garden Tour

Comments (5)

• jroot
    17 years ago

Beautiful shot, Durgan. Thanks for posting them.

We have our garden tour in Rockwood this coming Saturday and Sunday. Your garden is certainly much more advanced than mine. My shastas are just starting to open today. The dahlias started the day before yesterday, so I expect a good show with them.

Your datura is MUCH more advanced than mine. I believe I have only one bud beginning to develop. My brugmansia on the other hand have had several blooms. Too bad there won't be any open for the show. C'est la vie!

{{gwi:522825}}

• durgandurgan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Actually I am in Brantford. I used to live in Brampton, but I could not edit the post. I find the software on this site abysmal, but take it or leave it. Opening a link does not open another browser so if you close the link you have to start over again. I only post here randomally.

Anyway with that out of the way. Your picture intrigues me. That one has a unique colour. I only have the Datura Metel Yellow and the Devil's Trumpet. The purple one was grown but I didn't like it so quit growing it. Is the colour true? if so, I would like the name. I realize it is not a datura.
    Durgan

• douglasont
    17 years ago

I was able to click on your link durgandurgan. WOW... I loved those pics...esp. now that it is Aug. I remember the early part of July well.... everything was blooming and fantastic. I need to work on my late July and Fall flowers (ie. I don't have any.)
    Thanks durgandurgan for the post!!!!
    DO

• jroot
    17 years ago

Yes, indeed the colour is true. I got a cutting of a brug from a local donut dealer, hence I call it DJ donut brug, but I honestly don't know the real name, and neither did the owner. Actually, she did not even know the name of the plant. Someone had given it to her, so she stuck it in a pot in front of the store. For a while she though it was corn. LOL

This particular one blooms quite prolificly, but is fairly prone to spider mites. I have many others some of which are less likely to be affected ( peach, pink, yellow, double white, double orange, single white.....) I do like this one though. The fragrance is AMAZING at night.

• diane_v_44
    17 years ago

Durgan
    Those photos where much enjoyed by me.
    Marvellous work, and lots of it.
    Hope the garden tour went well, to bad I didn't see your posting until today, I would have driven over to see all that you have accomplished
    I particularly liked the morning glory trelis that you have.

I have a white Datura a little similar to yours but not the same A Japanese fellow gave me a plant a few years ago. The flower is well different. Then any other I have seen.
    Last year I took seeds in as usual but left some plants to winter and die in the yard. Perhaps as the winter was milder, some of these plants overwintered. The resulting plants are more mature than new seedlings.