Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyday2day

Nurseries in Grand Rapids?

sunnyday2day
18 years ago

I'd like to explore the nurseries in the Grand Rapids, MI area. I would like to know the choicest ones with a nice clematis selection. I realize that this time of year the selection is not what it is in the spring. Thanks in advance. :)

Tanya

Comments (4)

• karen_w
    18 years ago

I only have one clematis, but my favorite nurseries are:
    WW Greenhouses in Hudsomville 616-669-0134
    Romence in Grand Rapids 616-451-8214
    Ludema's in Grand Rapids 616-452-2961
    Fruitbasket/Flowerland (multiple locations, all in Grand Rapids) 616-784-0542, 616-532-5934, 616-942-5321
    Good luck!

• sunnyday2day
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Karen, thanks a million! I'll definitely take notes and check these out. :)

• Heather__Michigan
    18 years ago

I live less than a mile from Romence and it used to be my fave ( because it was so close) they do have a NICE selection . No, A Great selection. But they are priced kind of high.
    but it seems like they let their annuals go (die, or grow gangly ) later in the season.

Ludema's is my favorite plant shop. Their prices are really good with a good selection.

I think with Romence your'e paying extra because they carry more varieties of hard to find plants. They really do have EVERYTHING!

• shadyswing
    18 years ago

I agree, Romence has a great variety, but their prices are a tad bit high. I know though, that it's the place to go when I'm looking for a particular perennial that the others don't carry. They seem very knowledgeable as well -in the perennial section, anyway.

For a good selection of trees and shrubs, I like Fruitbasket Flowerland. I do most all of my perennial, shrub and tree shopping there. (Did you know they have a 2-hour Saturday morning q/a show on Wood Radio am -1300?)