Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yonge_gw

Seven sons tree

yonge
11 years ago

Does anybody know which garden centre sells seven sons trees, HEPTACODIUM MICONIOIDES, in GTA ? Thx.

Comments (6)

• Smivies (Ontario - 5b)
    11 years ago

Humber Nurseries - Hwy 50 & Hwy 7

• yonge
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thx a lot, smivies. I searched Humber's tree catalog and didn't find. And then I found it in the shrub list. Will pay a visit soon.

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    11 years ago

I bought 2 of them last year from Humber. Very neat, they are about to bloom now

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    11 years ago

Lakeside Garden in Brampton has even better selection of Seven Sons Trees then Humber does, but they are bigger and pricier than in Humber Nurseries. They sell them for $59.99 (about 1.5+ meters tall) and one specimen near the entrance on display is magnificent for $89.99 (more than 2 meters tall). The entire nursery is now between 20% and 50% off their entire stock... you may call them for the exact price/discount
    http://gardengallery.ca/lakeside/

• yonge
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thx a lot for the info. It seems the plant at Lakeside garden is in tree shape, which I am looking for. The one at Humber is a shrub. I heard it is hard to prune it into a tree because it is very suckering. I will go and check.

• ben773
    11 years ago

I have 3 6-year old trees in Beach Park, IL Zone 5a.
    They have not suckered yet, but they are about 12 feet tall(planted them when they were about 8 ins tall). They are fast growers, and they do flower for me. Some years, I find a little die back at the tips. When they are younger, the branches grow at wierd angles and I have to prune them yearly to shape them to look like a tree. Now that the growing pain is over, they looke more tree like and easier to manage.

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus