Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seven sons tree

Posted by yonge 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 13:17

Does anybody know which garden centre sells seven sons trees, HEPTACODIUM MICONIOIDES, in GTA ? Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seven sons tree

Humber Nurseries - Hwy 50 & Hwy 7

o

Thx a lot, smivies. I searched Humber's tree catalog and didn't find. And then I found it in the shrub list. Will pay a visit soon.

o

I bought 2 of them last year from Humber. Very neat, they are about to bloom now

o

Lakeside Garden in Brampton has even better selection of Seven Sons Trees then Humber does, but they are bigger and pricier than in Humber Nurseries. They sell them for $59.99 (about 1.5+ meters tall) and one specimen near the entrance on display is magnificent for $89.99 (more than 2 meters tall). The entire nursery is now between 20% and 50% off their entire stock... you may call them for the exact price/discount
http://gardengallery.ca/lakeside/

o

Thx a lot for the info. It seems the plant at Lakeside garden is in tree shape, which I am looking for. The one at Humber is a shrub. I heard it is hard to prune it into a tree because it is very suckering. I will go and check.

o

I have 3 6-year old trees in Beach Park, IL Zone 5a.
They have not suckered yet, but they are about 12 feet tall(planted them when they were about 8 ins tall). They are fast growers, and they do flower for me. Some years, I find a little die back at the tips. When they are younger, the branches grow at wierd angles and I have to prune them yearly to shape them to look like a tree. Now that the growing pain is over, they looke more tree like and easier to manage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here