Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bud_wi

Anyone for a plant and seed swap gathering in SE Wisconsin?

bud_wi
18 years ago

I have been thinking about hosting a swap at my location in Milwaukee. I know that there is another GW member in Milwaukee that hosts one in September and I do not want to compete if there is already one in the works.

I have gardening neighbors who are interested in one and I could still just make it a neighborhood event but I would prefer a nice mix of people. Besides, I think us neighbors have already exchanged everything with each other over the years (LOL) and would like to share with others.

Marcie

Comments (5)

• Bob_Zn5
    18 years ago

I haven't been on Gardenweb as much as in the past so I'm not sure whats in the works. You might check the Midwest forum also. If the timing works, we'd be glad to attend.

• tagzone5
    18 years ago

My parents live on the southside of Milwaukee, so I might be willing to make the drive. What kind of plants are usually traded? How is your swap organized? Is there a pot luck involved, too?

Tag

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    18 years ago

I'm potentially interested. I'm about 45 mins south of Milwaukee. If you get enough people interested maybe you could ask them to list what they have available for swap. I'd like to know if there's something I want before I would make the drive.

I could bring daylilies (burgundy), blue alpine columbine, Indian Paintbrush creeping sedum, mini irises, and probably more if I thought about it.

• sandy_wi
    18 years ago

I may be interested in this as well. I am about 1/2 hour south of Milwaukee......

• floweraddict
    18 years ago

Marcie contacted me several weeks ago and asked if I was going to have a swap this year (I'm the one who usually has one in September) and I told her that she could host it this year and I might be able to attend. Any word on how the plans are coming? In the past we had dozens and dozens of plants...sometimes indoors and sometimes outdoors. I have been planting an area at work so that's where most of my divisions have been going this year, but I might be able to come up with a few more. Lori

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions