Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom2coy

North Side of House Plantings

mom2coy
12 years ago

Hi !

This is my first time posting on a garden site. I am a mostly "newbie" landscaper/gardener. I put a lot of things in the ground, move them, move them again, etc. etc. because I like how they look for awhile and then not any longer. I've taken quite a bit of time deciding on how to plant the North side of my house, the area between our house and the neighbor's. It is not a very wide space, probably only 10 feet. Our house is about 25 long. The front of our house faces east. On the NE corner, i planted an euronymous & a lacecap hydrangea. Directly behind the hydrangea, starting on the north side I put in a Japanese Pieris. 4 feet or so past that, an everblooming hydrangea, the kind that gets 6 by 6. Behind that, on the northwest corner, is bare. I am wondering how i can fit lungwort, hellebore, and germander into this plant (some of my favorite shade tolerant perennials). Also, at that northwest corner is my utility box about 5 feet up on the wall that I would like to partially cover but still allow for the meter reader to get to. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Kelly

Comment (1)

• paul_
    12 years ago

Pics might be helpful, Kelly. The north side of a house can be a bear simply because of how heavily shaded it tends to be.

How much space do you have to work with from the utility box outwards?

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County