Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted: Alpine strawberry and Willow

Posted by rachita z4 mi (riabaj@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Sep 15, 05 at 14:54

I am looking for some alpine strawberry and Willow plants in Michigan. I have hostas and other plants to swap.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted: Alpine strawberry and Willow

• Posted by Chills 6b (??) Mi (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 24, 05 at 10:01

I ordered seed for alpine strawberry from Pinetree seeds. I prefer the yellow wonder, but only about 2/3rds of the seeds came up with yellow/white fruit. They were easy to start from seed this past spring.

It was 1.25 for a package of 40 seeds. I have to warn you that pinetree's catalog is full of things you will have problems not ordering.

~Chills

o

If you let me know real quick (email me) I will try to save you some willows growing in my yard by the road. I will be clearing that area and transplanting what I want to move. If I don't I may end up seeing the county/utilities brush hog it with the other scrub along the road.

The ground may freeze here soon and I am not physically able to dig the clay soil. That plus with two impending surgeries I won't be able to do it after the 3rd.

o

Thankyou Nancy. I sure could use the plants. Also, if you live not too far, I could help with the digging. I live in canton. I do not mind driving a couple hours. Hope you feel better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Great Lakes Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here