Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dolcic

Heirloom tomatoes

dolcic
16 years ago

Can anyone recommend a place to purchase heirloom tomato seeds in the Toronto area.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• goodhors
    16 years ago

No, but you might try some on-line sources. We have mixed in some heirlooms with our regular small tomato plants, they can be really good. I try to go for small fruits, we graze on them as we walk to the barn! I liked the Brownberry, but it is a peculiar color. Pear shapes are great. Amish pink was not that good. We got a black topped red, larger fruit, EXCELLENT eating, Black Russian? not sure of the name. Husband liked the distinct flavors. Some came back up from seed this year, with our mild winter.

I got our heirlooms from the local Farmers Market, we have a great source there. She is getting us going with Eggplant too. We eat a lot of her her produce. She must have 10 Eggplant varieties, all REALLY good.

• shapiro
    16 years ago

We grow many heirloom tomatoes, including Brandywine, Big Rainbow and others. The BEST seed source is Terra Edibles, an Ontario company: www.terraedibles.ca They have not yet posted the 2008 catalogue on line but have a look anyhow, their site is excellent. Hundreds of great varieties!

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012