Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkiwi_gw

The Swap was great!

GardenKiwi
18 years ago

Thought I would update you on the Perennial Swap that we held in Wayland Michigan City Park. We had great gardeners come from as far as SE Indiana and as far north as Manton MI. The potluck was delicious - we have the best cooks in the State! Take a look at the photos and see the smiles on the faces and check out the size of the plants that were brought along. We had said that we wanted the plants to be in 1 gallon pots and be good divisions that were well rooted. What we ended up with were gorgeous! We had everything from Raspberry Bushes to Butterfly Bushes to Bulbs - and even a free table with shared seeds that anyone could take. We also had a Gift Exchange with things brought along that were valued from $5-$10; bulbs, plants, leather gloves, knee pads, an Oblisk and many other goodies. We had so much advance notice that most people bought the gifts for a fraction of the normal price when they hit the end of season sales.

Check out the photos and consider about joining us next Spring - the next Swap is set for 20 May. Drop me an email if you have any questions.

Kiwi

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial Swap SW Michigan

Comments (4)

• jroot
    18 years ago

wish I was there. Pot luck as well. What a great idea.

• karen_w
    18 years ago

OH yeah. The potluck was awesome. Imagine pig-snorting noises here. K.

• hagey
    18 years ago

Hi! Kiwi,
    It looks like you had a fun time. We go to the Columbus, OH exchange and have lots of fun there. However we live in MI. Was wondering about how many people signed in for the exchange? Also how many plants were there all together. To explain this a bit they have a sheet to sign in and the number of plants you brought. This lets everyone get an idea of how many people and the number of plants. The food is always great. Gardeners are great cooks, whether they veggie garden, flower garden or both. Thanks for the pictures. Betty

• mxracer264
    18 years ago

Why have I never checked this area of the forum before. I am in Plainwell and looking to connect with local gardners. Definetly looking forwaed to the May 20th....email please!!!