Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnnyrazbrix

root rot

johnnyrazbrix
13 years ago

This is my first post. This question is not a big surprise.

I have a problem with Japanese beetles.I try to stay with organics . Is there a sure way to get rid of Japanese beetles( not asian ladybugs ) using an organic spray. I have begun the milky spore regimine. It seems to have helped some. I started this 3 years ago. I live about 5 miles from the southern end of lake huron in marysville michigan. I would like to get as many successful stories as i can.If your answer is none organic thats ok i can sort it out. thanks for any help . johnnny razbrix

Comments (2)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    13 years ago

The milky spore will work but be aware it may take a few years. Even when they are gone from your yard, they are very mobile and will come in from elsewhere if you grow what they like. I look to find their favorite plants in my yard and hand pick them. Flip them in a bucket with a little soapy water.

tj

• johnnyrazbrix
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sorry for the root rot intro then talk about J Beetles. I think tsugajunkies suggestion for favorite plant and pick them off is pretty close to being dead on.When i first posted I was hoping for a similar response because then it would show more validity. last july i was fighting off J beetles from grapes , peaches and raspberries.They were not nearly as bad as they were previously. One afternoon i walked near the back of my large city lot to talk to my neighbor.There is a newly planted pussy willow about 5-6 foot tall. It was black with J Beetles. I am not exaggerating.I do not like using chemicals but as a last resort i gave them a dousing of Sevin. Being careful not to over spray . this turned the rest of the J beetle season into a minor nusiance instead of a big pain. Now i will look for a good organic contact spray. There was way too many to pick off. johnny