Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

Nice November weather for cleanup!

denninmi
14 years ago

Yeah. At least it's been pretty nice here in SE Michigan during November -- above normal temps and quite a few days where we actually saw some sunshine. Made up somewhat for the gloomy and coldish October.

It's been nice to get out and do a lot of the cleanup that I wasn't able to do earlier for various reasons.

I've also been gathering tremendous amounts of leaves and mulching down everything possible. Sure cuts down on the work NEXT year.

Of course, all good things must come to an end -- The NOAA Climate Prediction Center shows BELOW normal temperatures on the 6-10 and 8-14 day outlook posted November 22. Oh well. Still a lot better than last November when it was warm the first week, then turned cold and nasty.

Comment (1)

• goodhors
    14 years ago

I have been using my good weather to get a number of jobs done and enjoy the sunshine! I thought about shredding the leaves, but decided to wait and do what leaves are still here in the spring. Mine are Oaks, so they don't get mushy on things.

Got the Roses collared, but did not plan to fill the collars until the ground freezes. I use plastic strips with plastic clips for collars, so it is easier to put them on when weather is moderately warm.

Have most of the bushes with rabbit fences in place. Ran out of wire, still have two sets of bushes to protect. Have got the bird feeders out but not filled yet. Birds still have plenty of seed to eat with the wild growth in unplanted fields around us. Someone told me birdfeeders can have an odor that birds don't like, but airing them in the open air will remove that smell so they eat freely.

Put out some pavers where the weather makes the ground muddy. I got a large pile of pavers from the FREE ads in the newspaper! What a bonus find!! They will be used, just not sure where yet.

Pond is cleaned and almost done for winter. Have some trees to cut nearby, so have not put the leaf nets on in case the tree snags fall in the water. Easier to clean the small pond without any covers on. Fish look happy in clean water and some new housing made of PVC pipe joiners to hide out in.