Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildcitywoman

Looking for a holiday weekend in Ontario

wildcitywoman
17 years ago

We'd like something a couple hours out of Toronto by car - for the 24th 25th & 26th.

A package at an affordable inn, small lodge - 3 to 4 hundred bucks?

Or just a good B & B, small hotel, motel or whatever and we'd eat out.

Let me know if you know of something, ok?

Carly

wildcity@rogers.com

Comment (1)

• jeannie7
    17 years ago

Carly, from your e-mail address name I'm assuming you live in Ontario. If I'm mistaken, sorry, I'll just assume then you don't.

Two hours out of Toronto....that speaks resorts...and two hours north/north-east/north-west of Toronto and you are in the Lakes District.....water, water everywhere and by the time you want to use it, not a drop to drink...its frozen.

Ontario is ice-fishin country. Ontario is Snowmobile Country....on planned trails where the resort you attend will pay a fee for its guests to use. Ontario Lakes Dristricts are resort country....pick and choose from hundreds of such places to entertain and dine you from large in hotel/motels type accommodation to individual cottages and part of the resort.
    Some of these would be house-keeping types...others you would stay in a cottage but be entertained and eat in the main house/lodge.

Ice-fishing depends on just how cold it gets between now and then. Lake Simcoe...a rather large lake..just a bit smaller than Lake St Clair....will freeze over and then
    its the ice-fishing capital of the world.
    Whitefish and Lake Trout are the price catches.

There again, most resorts will take you out to a ice-fishing hut and supply you with all the gear necessary to set up shop. On Lake Simcoe....one hour or so north of Toronto this is one of the most common of tourist entertainments. If the chosen spot is close to restaurants and such, meals can be delivered to the hut by hut operators.

Visit "Ontario.ca.com"....and follow the information that is readily available.

Ontario Touring is another site.
    Ontario Resorts is another.
    Most are family friendly and cater to children of all ages.
    Santa can be counted on to visit.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County