Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beautybrains_gw

orchids and a jasmine plant

beautybrains
18 years ago

hello everyone!!

i'm new here and i have a question. I live in toronto and would really like to find out about jasmine plants and orchids. Would anyone recommend a retailer or perhaps you know of someone who is selling???

thanks so much,

julie

Comments (4)

• eleanor_rigby
    18 years ago

Don't you have a botanical garden in your area....Royal Botanical Garden maybe? They should be a good source of information about the plants you are interested in.

Eleanor

• alexg
    18 years ago

Hi Beautybrains: Most nursereies will have a couple of types of jasmine at this time of the year. Humber Nurseries has a large collection of orchids, many VERY expensive :( I bought some babies at White Rose once - interesting hybrids, but of course it no longer exists. It isn't easy to find affordable and different orchids in nurseries. You get the same old stuff in Walmart and Home Depot - if you dare to buy it. There are a number of places online - check davesgarden.com. You can also check out the Ontario orchid societies - there is a central and a southern I believe - usually memebers of these are a good source for cheaper plants - if you join of course.
    I've been meaning to check this place out - orchidsinourtropics.com - they are close to me.
    Good luck.

• casper1
    18 years ago

I think the place to start would be at the "Southern Ontario Orchid Soc."(SOOS). Their meetings are held at the Tor. Botanical Gardens, attendance is free. I don't know the dates of their meetings, but you could try www.soos.ca

• whiteorchidgirl
    15 years ago

Hi,

I live in Toronto and I am desparately looking to buy a big jasmine plant.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Thanks!