Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chills71

Anyone asking for gardening gifts??

chills71
19 years ago

I have almost nothing that I want on my list for this year (much to the chagrin of my mom and wife).

I have only asked for two things. A particular edibles gardening book (that I cannot remember the name of, but its on my Amazon list, so I'm probably safe there) and a gift certificate for a particular nursery (Burnt Ridge).

That's all I'm hoping to get this year for Christmas. *though I wouldn't mind a few replies to this post, as my birthday is 2 1/2 weeks after Christmas and everyone will want ideas for that next*

~Chills

Comments (5)

• grannymarsh
    19 years ago

How about a subscription to "Horticulture" magazine? Pretty AND useful. I like the cheapie brown jersey garden gloves so I usually ask for a dozen or so of them. (I tend to lay 'em down and lose 'em.) Flower pots painted by our extremely gifted grandchildren. My big wish this year is a dump cart that hooks up behind our garden tractor. A mushroom/fungus book. Galvanized Plant markers. A sod edger. Orchid fertilizer. Replacement blades for my Felco pruners. Cool hummingbird feeders. Chocolate.
    Just in case this sounds like waaay too much, we have 5 grown children, parents, 6 1/2 grandkids, nieces, etc. who want to know what's on my list. Just trying to be accomodating.

• goodhors
    19 years ago

I think I will be asking husband and son for labor instead of stuff. I got my garden shed refloored with cement and reorganized somewhat. I am in the process of making things easier to find with shelving. I do have to share with working tools and fishing supplies, but shed is 14'x24', higher ceiling, so should have lots of room. I need some tool hangers made up after we get the shelving set up and stuff sorted onto them. Things will be more visible on shelving and bins, than piled on floor, corners and work bench. Hangers are for weed whackers, loads of shovels, rakes, cutters, farm maintainance tools. Just so many weird shapes and sizes! Son and husband both weld, so I can get special hangers that fit tools, make them visible on wall storage places. Guys also are good about driving loads of dirt up to my new garden beds and digging big holes for shrubs and small trees. My mom already got me a new white Christmas cactus. We didn't know they came in white until last year when she saw one. It is blooming like crazy, pretty with airy looking flowers.

• cantstopgardening
    19 years ago

I really like my drainage shovel, also called a poachers shovel. Works very well for transplants.

And I'd love if dear husband or dear kids made me a subscribing memeber of the forum. Maybe not so many Cheerios ads then!!

• mysteryrose
    19 years ago

Over the years, the family has given me just about everything I need for the garden--EXCEPT what I hinted at this year, an auger for my cordless drill, for saving my wrists from sprain when planting bulbs. Home Santa is listening.

• Chris_MI
    19 years ago

my DS is giving me a trailer load of wood chips and compost-1 each, shoveled where ever I want. The other DS is working at a granite store and will deliver/install a 45 foot stone path in the spring, he gets the stone for free too. My BIL gave me a great tool from garden gate-and he is the one who got me a Chia pet a few yaears ago-thought for sure it would be a Chia herb garden this year! but hey, what is up with me? during the summer, I get bummed out by the constant struggle of weeds, watering, bugs, and the yard never looking 'good enough'. now that there is snow out there and so bitter cold, I just look longingly out the window. I could finish the laundry, clean-- and get ready for the company for tomorrow's dinner who have a 'magazine neat, clean, decorated' house (as my husband told me as he glanced around our place). just the blues I guess.